Saturday, May 16, 2009
Lots to Do-Wood
This is my kind of challenge. I Love to carve wood, mostly birds and birds of prey. Here's a little owl I carved from tupelo, I then wood burned all the feathers in and painted it, soldered metal feet and covered with a putty for detail. I found this wood burrow .It was my inspiration for this piece.I couldn't resist taking the picture out by my pond .Seemed the perfect setting for this. See them all at lotstodocallenges
Posted by Lynn Stevens at 9:47 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2018 (10)
- ► 2017 (18)
- ► 2016 (18)
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (48)
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (101)
- ► 2011 (176)
- ► 2010 (150)
- Mixed Media Monday- Gypsy Shrine
- Saturdays Worout- altered books
- Published -Altered Arts Magazine and Rosie and Lin...
- Mixed Media Monday-Feathered Friends
- Mixed Media-Wednesday stamper
- Lots to Do-Wood
- Theme Thursday- Masculine-Day two
- Artisit Outpost- New Release And Blog Hop
- Gothic Arches-Little girls
- TGIF- Childhood
- Closed - New Blog Candy Added!!
- Gothic arches- Vintage Women
- ▼ May (12)
WOW - what else can I say, stunning!!!
Thanks for joining in with this weeks Lotstodo Challenge Lynn - Sam xxxx
This is fantastic - I wish I had your talent!!!!
Oh wow! Now that's real talent!
I am so impressed I just don't have any words...WOW
Lynn, your owl is remarkable. I can see how his "nest" inspired you to make it is home. I so admire your skill as a sculptor. You are a true artist.
OMG Lynn, this is so awesome. Do you ever sleep?
thud ...... stunning
What a fantastic owl. My you are talented. He looks so real. Fabulous job.
Post a Comment