Friday, October 2, 2009

Metal Etching- Oh What fun!!!

I have been having so much fun with a new technique I just learned. Its Metal etching. Here are a few of the pieces I did. I used the new stamp from Oxford Impressions From the new Halloween plate. Shhh I plan on making special for Suzanne with it. But don't tell its a surprise!!!

This is one I did with the new stamp from Artistic Outpost
The Generations plate. Isnt it cool? I plan on making a jewelry piece with this one.

This is a close up of a piece I did with stamps from I Brake for Stamps

Here's the book I put together using the metal piece and I covered the book with tissue ,added alcohol inks ,and stamped images on tissue using powdered pearls. They don't show well in the picture but really pretty in real life. This is for a very special person I Know!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heavenly metal! What inspiring projects!

Shelly Hickox said...

Tutorial! I demand a tutorial! lol! These pieces are all so cool. I will totally keep your secret. :)

Ozstuff said...

Lynn, this is exquisite!

joanne wardle said...

these are so cool, very impressive

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This book is beautiful Lynn! I like the raw paper look of the cover. (I'm not sure of the right term for it.) And the metal etching piece is lovely. Your work is very inspiring!

joy said...

Some people you know are very lucky to be your friends! This pieces look awesome!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I had the same thought as Shelly -- a tutorial is a must! These are fabulous pieces, all of them.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work!

Char said...

Lynn your metal etching is fabulous. Looks fantastic. Well done.

penny4thoughts said...

Fantastic pieces, Lynn! I'm with Shelly - you've got to do a tutorial on this!! Love the extra texture from the tissue paper on the book cover - gorgeous!

Robin said...

Awesome Lynn! I must try this technique.

Nan said...

These are wonderful! I just got some foils and have been pondering what to do with them. I do love the ouija board! Humm :)

Blog Archive