Sunday, April 15, 2018

Any Information Helpful

So I'm trying to find some information about a pair of very old socks
 I purchased at an Estate Sale.
A Dr. whose home was filled with antiques.
They are cotton, have lovely lace looking tops and the what I thought was embroidery is actually done in tiny beads. I can't read the writing though.

 









I found a couple more on the internet that look very similar to mine. 
They are from Germany 1848.
They have the same type of lace at the top. etc.
 Heres one more from Switzerland 1860.

So can anyone tell me anything about mine???


2 comments:

bobbie said...

Why don't you bring them with you tomorrow?? We can look up close and personal, and try to figure them out.
Til then ~

Sonya Badgley said...

Wow, Lynn those are amazing! If they are that old, they were very well taken care of! So cool!

Blog Archive