Saturday, December 5, 2009

First -Ever Gingersnap Creations Blog Hop

Welcome to the first-ever Gingersnap Creations Blog Hop and Hop Stop #9!

My card features the beautiful Christmas stamps from Hearts In Touch Christmas plate 2009. The technique is from TJ the new Herringbone technique from the Dec/Jan issue. A great way to use up scraps! I gold embossed the tree image and added a few layers from my Spellbinders die cut. A little ribbon and its ready to go!

My second piece is a little notebook that features an Angel and text from the same Christmas 2009 set.I sponged broken china ink over the stamped image. Added some lace and some ribbon and now I have a sweet little gift ready for Christmas.

If you’ve already been hopping then hopefully you have just come from Laura at As Happy As Doesn't Laura do beautiful work!
If you are starting here, welcome! It's a loop so you can start anywhere along the way!
At each stop, you need to collect a word! There are 10 stops in all starting and ending with the Gingersnap Creations blog where you can get all the specific information and get a peak at the Christmas 2009 plate fromHearts in Touch.

When you get all your words, 9 in all, unscramble them to form an art quote. Once you have your guess at the quote, email it and your name to gingersnapstamp@gmail.com by December 13, 2009. We will be picking one lucky winner at random from the correct entries to win the Hearts in Touch Christmas 2009 plate!

My word is "is".

Your next stop on the hop is Sharon at Ill Tempered Ink Sharon is an amazing artist and I know she has something special to share!
Good luck!
Happy Holidays!
Lynn

16 comments:

Nancy Maxwell James said...

Lynn
these are both so beautiful! elegant and rich in design. I especially love the white with the aqua! gorgeous!

Hels said...

Wowzers Lynn, your art just gets fabbier and fabbier.. I totally adore what you did with the angel too x

Rachel said...

The first piece blew me away: stunning, elegant and such clean, beautiful lines. But it's the second piece that really spoke to me. I can't tell you why; it just touched me.

Sarah said...

Two different moods so beautifully achieved....classic elegance to shabby chic. Wonderful creations, Lynn!

Debby said...

Both pieces are amazing! I adore the angel piece.

elina said...

Lynn, what can I say??? wow wow and wow!!!! I always love your work and keep drooling at your stamping!!

Diana said...

This is another beautiful interpretation of how this stamp is used. Beautiful.
thanks

Juliet A said...

I love these monochromatic projects - they really show off the luxurious texture you've created.

Shar said...

Your card is extraordinarily elegant! I love it!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Oh my GF, 2 FAB offerings for us today to drool over....tongue wagging on dirty floor....just can't help myself! lol

Francine said...

Both these cards are awesome Lynn... herringbone is not my favorite tech but your card is stunning! I totally adore your Angel! Real artwork!

Artyjen said...

Love the tree but the angel piece is gorgeous
xoxo

penny4thoughts said...

Gorgeous piece, Lynn!! I'm really loving that angel stamp as I do this blog hop!

craftykitten said...

Oh these are so beautiful. So elegant.

Hugs
Dawn xx

SherylH said...

Your cards are gorgeous, particularly the snowy tree in gold -- wow!

khunter47 said...

Both your projects are so elegant and beautiful. Love them. TFS.

Kathy H.

Blog Archive